My names are Yambabariye Elizabeth, I am a student at the National University of Rwanda in fourth year Geography/Environment. I thank the Lord for the opportunity, attending Ezra Generation Conference. Before this conference, I was comfortable with my little knowledge about God, I got saved in 1997 and I serve as a singer in my church; Indeed I have been learning the word here and there, but in this conference, I got really challenged. I actually feel like all those years all I did was just being busy in choir programs, practices, etc. Instead of taking time to fellowship with my God and read his word. I thought, if God wants to tell me something, He will use prophets.
I didn’t know that the Bible contains all things about God and even my life. I use to read one verse without considering the context, in few words “I WAS BLIND” to the voice of God but now I am convinced that the Word of God, the BIBLE is life and I have to tell to others that amazing Word though I may suffer for it or people oppose it. With this conference I made some resolutions:
- Developing my fellowship with God, especially adding a quiet time in my daily schedule to pray and read the Word of God
- Adopt Manuscript and Inductive Bible Study in order for me to fully capture what God says
- As a future graduate, taking my profession as a mission and using my life to serve God
- Wisely changing what is not biblical that people had built up as stronghold. Eg: Relying on prophesy rather than the Word of God.
- Introducing Inductive Bible study in my community where I can have influence like in the choir where I sing.
Testimony submitted January 2011